It was called the first warehouse for Equipment Control Division of Navy in 1950. In 1967, the warehouse contained the electricity, vehicle material, military weapons and related items and became the Head Depot of Material Supply of Navy Headquarters, MND. Since the logistics organization was reformed in April 1st, 1971, it was renamed as the Depot of Naval Material and supervised by the Naval Logistic Headquarter.
Because of "Reorganizing Project in Second Stage", which decided to move Depot of Naval Material back to Combined Logistics Command, C.L.C. in January 1st, 2006, it turned into Depot of Naval Material of C.L.C. Later, due to the simplification of national defense systems, it was converted into Navy Head Depot of Combined and Reserved Logistics Command.
According to the "Essence Project in first stage" in January 1st, 2011, it was relocated in Naval Maintenance and Repair Command. Besides, it was renamed as "Naval Material Deopt" and responsible for wasted equipment disposure in the Kaohsiung area, naval vessel supporting, and the requisition of land units as well as the other island division. Moreover, it is in charge of regulating and supplying the reserved warship equipments for all branches in Navy.
- The sea anchor of the badge represents the base camp of the navy storehouse with steady and toughness supporting energy. It guarantees that navy's war preparedness is fully equipped for military attachments and supplies.
- The cap pattern for seaman stands for permanent dedications of youth, enthusiasm and vigor.
- The giant whale indicates that the storehouses are abundant in disposal capability and quality, which can satisfy the military demands for spare parts from all units in the Navy.
- The external loop decorated with life buoy means that the support and served spirits are extremely voluntariness and efficiency. Besides, it implies that the management and operational procedures are fully examined and prepared. It can facilitate each mission with safety, smooth, and satisfactory.